How does it work?
In the presence of exudate, the PROMOGRAN PRISMA® Matrix transforms into a soft, conformable, biodegradable gel, and thus allows contact with all areas of the wound. PROMOGRAN PRISMA® Matrix, when covered with a semi-occlusive dressing, maintains a physiologically moist microenvironment at the wound surface. This environment is conducive to granulation tissue formation, epithelialization and optimal wound healing.PROMOGRAN PRISMA® Matrix provides an effective antibacterial barrier as demonstrated by the in-vitro reduction of bacterial growth with common wound pathogens such as, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Staphylococcus aureus, Escherichia coli and Streptococcus pyogenes.
1. Cullen, B. et al. ORC/Collagen Matrix Containing Silver Controls Bacterial Bioburden while Retaining Dermal Cell viability. Poster, EWMA 2006.
2. Gregory, S .et al. The Ability of ORC/Collagen containing silver to reduce Bioburden and retain dermail Cell Viability. Poster, ETRS 2005.
3. Nisi, G. et al. Use of protease-modulating matrix in the treatment of pressure sores. Chir Ital 2005;57:465-8.
4. Gottrup, F. et al. Comparative clinical study to determine the effects of Collagen/ORC + Silver therapy on wound healing of diabetic foot ulcers. Poster, EWMA 2010.
5. Lanzara, S. and Zamboni, P. A pilot randomised trial to determine the effects of a new active dressing on wound healing of venous leg ulcers. Presentation, EWMA 2008.
6. Cullen, B. et al. Early Adoption of Collagen/ORC Therapies Improves Clinical Outcome. Poster, Wounds UK 2011.
7. Snyder, R. et al. Sequential Therapies and Advanced Wound Care Products as a Standard of Practice in the Home Care Setting. Presentation, EWMA 2009.
8. Gregory, S. et al. Effect of an ORC/Collagen Matrix Containing Silver on Inflammatory Mediators Elevated in Response To Bacterial Endotoxins. Poster, ETRS 2005.
9. Gottrup, F. et al. Comparative clinical study to determine the effects of Collagen/ORC + Silver therapy on wound healing of diabetic foot ulcers. Poster, EWMA 2010.
10. Gottrup, F. et al. Comparative Clinical Study to show the Combined Mode of Action of Collagen/ORC/Silver in Controlling Bioburden and Modulating the Wound Microenvironment to Promote Healing. Potser, Wounds International 2011.